Friday, August 19, 2005

un momento en mi vida

this may the best and closest expression of how i am feeling right now. without giving too much away [although 4 closest peeps would already know the details] i think i have gotten grip already of how am faring right now. i had ambivalent emotions to be truthful, i may just have been overwhelmed still of everything that was put on the table. i also am very much aware of the awesome responsibility as well. there was an instance, believe you me, that i would have wanted to call the person back and say, "hey wait, i think i changed my mind."

but i guess, there really are decisions, and there are hard decisions we must face up to eventually. much as i would have wanted to stay in my comfort zone, there really are moments we have to seize and claim, "this is mine."

apart from owning up to the truth that in my case, there is a larger reason for everything. i am not thinking solely of my own future here. this decision is definitely bigger than i am [just imagine that, bigger than me...] and even if it does scare me out of my wits, being given this tremendous responsibility has to be looked at as blessings. to be asked by a greater Power that i have to be somebody and carry on for my family must be looked at as the greatest opportunity to be the best in the eyes of the Lord, to be an inspiration for others, to repay even in my littlest way [for one can NEVER ever repay even half of ] the love my daddy, mama, kuya and kid sister ling-ling has outpoured on me.

this day, this moment is theirs. it will never be mine.


This is the Moment
This is the moment!
This is the day,
When I send all my doubts and demons
On their way!

Every endeavor,
I have made - ever -
Is coming into play,
Is here and now - today!

This is the moment,
This is the time,
When the momentum and the moment
Are in rhyme!

Give me this moment -
This precious chance -
I'll gather up my past
And make some sense at last!

This is the moment,
When all I've done -
All the dreaming,
Scheming and screaming,
Become one!

This is the day -
See it sparkle and shine,
When all I've lived for
Becomes mine!

For all these years,
I've faced the world alone,
And now the time has come
To prove to them
I've made it on my own!

This is the moment -
My final test -
Destiny beckoned,
I never reckoned,
Second Best!

I won't look down,
I must not fall!
This is the moment,
The sweetest moment of them all!

This is the moment!
Damn all the odds!
This day, or never,
I'll sit forever
With the gods!

When I look back,
I will always recall,
Moment for moment,
This was the moment,
The greatest moment
Of them all!

No comments: