Monday, August 15, 2005

blog hopping

i was clicking on Next Blog found on the top right hand portion of every blog screen and i was amused and bemused [definition: to be engrossed in thought] by this entry by a male nurse in massachusetts for his digital doorway blogspot.

So for my forties, I will relinquish martyrdom and the "shoulds" which continue to plague me. I will embrace my adultness and retain my youth. I will examine myself closely, change that which cries out for change, and develop that which calls for growth and expansion. I will be good to my body, rest well, and keep my mind active and engaged. I will seek to foster my own creativity, and use that creativity in a way which engenders further self-exploration. I will honor my own needs in relationships, nurture current relationships well, and develop new ones only when they feel right, not because I feel that I should. I will also begin to let go of those relationships which no longer serve, a process which can be painful and difficult.

i guess, some things, long held beliefs, will go on changing as we grow older. this person cited a lot in his blog about his perceptions when he was still younger and how they were now realized to be unfounded, or should we say, inapplicable. but for me, it really is supposed to be that way. all our perceptions, feelings, sentiments, dramas, prejudices, loves, hates in life in a particular time are all valid. they should never question that. we, ourselves, may question those but not other people. for all those abstract nouns served their purpose for that time.

as slacker would have it, fear not death, only unlived life.

2 comments:

Keith "Nurse Keith" Carlson, RN, BSN, NC-BC said...

I'm honored that you chose to quote my entry and that my writing was meaningful for you. Thanks so much, and I'll stop by again.

All the best,

Keith

Anonymous said...

I' m currently blogging for a (poor) living against someone else... but I like it. You' ve inspired me to look after doing it, and look to doing it against myself in a little while
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]