Monday, May 01, 2006

merry month of may

imagine that, i haven't posted for quite some time.
this really explains why i got terribly sick last week. enough for me to rush to the hospital and be flat out for one WHOLE straight working week.

it was that worse that i really couldn't do any thing about work but to think about it. i couldn't read my email, i couldn't touch my laptop. i was plainly sick, and couldn't do a thing about it.

which was good actually. every time i get sick? i do ponder about my life...a lot.
what happened to me restacked my options and what i really wanted to do with my existence. it was a very reassuring feeling that i realized, there INDEED is life aside from work.

most of my bedridded moments i was thinking about my family: mom, dad, brother and sister. i realized that i could have done more for them. that i could have spent more time with them. all those nagging should-haves.

but i am enjoying my work right now, don't get me very wrong. i like my company, i like the people [at least MOST of them]. but i started thinking, how can i continue on being as dedicated if i am sick most of times? i need to be healthy.

with an iniitial BP of 140/100 i was really floored. i already have hypertension?
so when i recounted it with our family doctor [who was looking after my health since i was 13 DAYS old on earth, now i'm 30!] my lifestyle: poor eating habits, long days of work, stressing targets...he said it: "you know after all."

but it is hard, i find. for me to just laze the time away and not ensure that the ship is well oiled and running. stemming perhaps to the fact that i do love the company, may be it's that.

don't you find it similarly when you are stressed out by your immediate family when things happen in the household that could have very well been prevented? it sheds your hair, right? but the reason it does is because you love your [darn :)] family so much.

so i decided, from this point on, aside from living and eating healthy [i am waging a war against fatty meat and food, "p] i shall be more responsible when it comes to work hours.

the more i do that, the more i am productive, the more i do more for the company.

nuff said.

No comments: